Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Commas

Let me tell you about my favourite cultural celebration, It is called Diwali. During this celebration, we decorate the house, Play with fireworks, Wear traditional clothes and eat Indian sweets, but the most important thing that we do is pray to our god. After praying we eat some sweets that we put in front of our god at the beginning of the prayer.

My grandparents then do some more praying and finally, they let us change back to normal clothes, and play with fireworks. We also use a lot of candles but in my language, we call it Diya, We also make a design using different coloured rice and in my language, we call rangoli that's my favourite part because I love how we use all the colours.

On the last day, we take all the decorations down but my siblings and I have a lot of fun while doing this. We carefully collect the coloured rice and put them in a zip lock bag to use for next year but we mostly mix them up and have fun with it and then throw them away.

Today for writing we have been learning about commas and when or where to put commas. We had 5 minutes of writing about our favourite celebration. We started our sentence with " Let tell you about my favourite celebration.....". We then had 7 minutes to share our writing with a buddy. We then had 10 more minutes of writing in which we correct mistakes and add thing in. I had a lot of fun doign this because it refreshed my memory.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment